The LeDuc Historic Estate is a nationally significant historic property that includes an architecturally outstanding house, preserved outbuildings, and beautiful 4-acre grounds with gardens and woods. The unaltered Gothic Revival mansion was built by William G. LeDuc, Civil War veteran and former Commissioner of Agriculture for President Rutherford Hayes. His wife, Mrs. Mary LeDuc, selected the design for the house from the works of noted landscape architect Andrew Jackson Downing and the house was constructed from 1862 to 1866. In 1970 it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places; it opened as a historic house museum in 2005.
Today, a wide range of exciting and educational arts and cultural heritage programming is offered for people of all ages. Guided tours of the Estate are available the end of May through the end of October. The Estate is also available for private rentals, group tours, and events year-round.