The Washington County Historical Society operates two historic museums. The Warden’s House Museum in Stillwater located at 602 North Main Street was the former home of the Warden of the Minnesota Prison from 1853 to 1914. It was purchased by the Historical Society in 1941 and opened as the second house museum in Minnesota in June 1941. The Hay Lake School Museum and Erickson Log House are located in Scandia, Minnesota. All three buildings are on the National Register of Historic Places. The Historical Society also operates a research center in the carriage house behind the Warden’s House Museum in Stillwater for patrons to do research on family, houses, etc.
Jan 25, 2020